everything right justified after book mod upgrade

everything right justified after book mod upgrade

by Rob Johnson -
Number of replies: 2
I upgraded from version 1.4 to 1.5 of the book module on my test Moodle, and everything became right justified. The table of contents also centers vertically instead of appearing in the upper left. I am wondering if this has been seen by other users, and am hoping for a fix. I am running 1.9.5+ on Suse 11.1.

Thanks,
Rob
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: everything right justified after book mod upgrade

by E. L. Cooper -
Just did a book install in 1.99  and had this happen. Tryed moodle standard theme with no effect. I remember this happening a couple of years ago but I don't remember what the fix was and I can't seem to find it in a search.
In reply to E. L. Cooper

Re: everything right justified after book mod upgrade

by E. L. Cooper -

OK I must have been seeing a cache of book as the next day all of the alignment issues were resolved by using the moodle default theme. I went into one of my non production moodles, added the same custom theme and book then set to work. Obviously the issue was theme related and book/styles.php was fine.

I went into the custom theme and found theme/companytheme/styles_layout.css which was naturally set to override moodle's default style sheet. I scrolled down to modules, looked at the way each one started and terminated, then just copied and pasted the content of  book/styles.php after the last mod listed.

After that was done I added a READMESITEFIXES.txt to the site so that future hires will have a clue and maybe even put thier own notes in. Anyway I am documenting it here for others too.

YMV, never try this on a production moodle.