Backups not saving forum posts, chats, etc.

Backups not saving forum posts, chats, etc.

by Yogesh Nahar -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

I am running Moodle 1.9.8+ and PHP 5.0+ on my production server.

I have scheduled backups every night and the cron job seems to be working fine. But when I open any of the backup files, none of the forum posts, chats, student assignment submissions (files), etc. are saved in the backup.

Even when I do a manual backup from within the course, I have the same problem. Does anybody know why this is occurring? I have tried to research this issue, but haven't been able to find a clear solution.

I have all the boxes checked for user data when creating the backup, but still no luck. Any replies or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Yogesh Nahar
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yogesh Nahar

Re: Backups not saving forum posts, chats, etc.

by Ravishankar Somasundaram -
Hello Yogesh,

Please turn on debuggin info to developers level

Site Admin -> Server -> Debugging ->developer level.

and try backing up your course manually and report here with the error you get.

FYI you can check the Backup Logs for automated course backup here

Site Admin -> Reports -> Backups
In reply to Ravishankar Somasundaram

by Yogesh Nahar -
I turned on the debugging to developer's level.

And now when I am trying to manually backup a course (with user data) I am getting stuck at the backup file zipping section. The image is attached below.

Any idea why this is happening? Is there a time setting I need to change?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Attachment image1.jpg
In reply to Ravishankar Somasundaram

by Yogesh Nahar -
Now, a few of my course are being manually backed up without any issues. But when I try opening up the zip file and check the data, the only files I found in there were the files in the file vault of the course. Nothing else gets backed up.

The forum postings, chat discussions, etc. nothing is backed up even thought I have checked to include user data in the backup settings and it also shows me that there are items which will be backed up. An image is attached below.

I really need some assistance on this matter, as we have been using Moodle for more than a year now and I find out that most of the stuff isn't backed up correctly. It is going to escalate into a huge issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Yogi
Attachment image2.jpg