New activity: checklist

Re: checklist - issues with iPad / Safari?

by Ian Usher -
Number of replies: 7
What a phenomenal module - really, really good and I can't wait to introduce this to my hundreds of K-12 Moodles.
I'm using it in one for adults (2.3.2) and have a couple of issues:
First of all, I'm getting the same problem with the block not displaying anything (just "No Users"). I'm an Administrator rather than a Teacher on the course in question, could that be it?
Secondly, I have users with iPads (using the MyMobile theme which I've set up as this Moodle's theme to display to tablets) who can't complete the checklist. They can tick the boxes, but the progress bar doesn't move and, when they click the [Save] button below the checklist and return to the main course page, their checks aren't saved...
I don't have an iPad myself so can't reproduce this... any ideas?
Ian,
In reply to Ian Usher

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If you want to help debug the first issue, then drop me a Moodle message and I can send you the debug code (as an aside, 90% of my dev work is with an admin account, so that is least likely to have a problem!)

As for iPad compatibility, I don't have access to any idevices, so I can't fix that problem (unless I can reproduce on Android). The save button suggests the Javascript is not running, so it should just be an ordinary form submission.
In reply to Davo Smith

by Paul Ganderton -

Hi Davo,

Apologies for the delay. I've just been through the entire checklist system, looking at every control I can find. Nothing obvious pops out. I did have a set of screenshots but couldn't get in into 100kb to upload (that's way too small). I've got a set of users in the module but it still shows nothing in the block. I could see no control on the block when the editing was on to actually add users or check if they were there.

Any ideas where I go from here? Happy to try almost anything because it's a very popular idea.

Many thanks.

In reply to Paul Ganderton

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

@Paul - could you check that you have the latest version of the block?

I fixed this issue about a week ago - it was a problem with the code, not anything to do with the settings.

In reply to Davo Smith

by Paul Ganderton -

Hi Davo,

Just checked in site admin and it is: 2012092200

In reply to Paul Ganderton

by Davo Smith -
Please install the latest version, then let me know if you have any more problems.
In reply to Davo Smith

by Paul Ganderton -

Brilliant! Fixed. Everything works. now my students can see how they are going through the workflow. No more excuses!!