New activity: checklist

Re: New activity: checklist

by Davo Smith -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Beat,

I'm afraid that your report of "sometime later the removed credit is green again" doesn't really give me very much to go on (I assume by 'credit' you mean the checkbox is ticked?).

There are a number of ways the checklist can be configured and it's not quite clear which of them you are using:
  • Checkboxes can be set to be updated by 'Student', 'Teacher' or 'Both' (in which case there will be separate checkboxes for the student and the teacher)
  • Checklist items can be set to be created automatically from the activities in a course, or manually inserted (or you can do a bit of both)
  • Checklist items that are created automatically can be set to be automatically marked as checked when the associated activity is completed, or only updated if manually checked (they can also be set to prevent manual changes if set to be automatically updated)

There are basically 3 ways a checkbox state can change (based on the above configuration):

1. The related activity is completed and the checkbox updates to match
  2. The item is manually checked / unchecked by the student or teacher (as appropriate, based on the settings)
  3. The course is reset and the checklist is set to be cleared

There are no other mechanisms in the code for changing a checkbox state, so if a checkbox has changed state, then one of those 3 has occurred.

In reply to Davo Smith

by Trish Hart -
Hi Davo
We have used your checklist for many years and I did just update to the new version. The teachers just want to be notified when the student has checked of all the quizzes modules at one time as the last activity in the course. The problem is I have teachers who are getting a notification for every quiz module completed. I have set the teacher comments to no and the option to checkoff as modules are completed is set to no.

After making these changes, the teachers got a ton of completion emails even for people who haven't been on moodle for months. Can you help me with the correct settings?

Attached is a picture of my settings.

Thanks for your Time.
Trish Hart
Attachment checklist settings.png
In reply to Trish Hart

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Trish,

Nothing I'm aware of in the checklist would suddenly start sending out emails without any clear reason. As there may be quite a bit of back & forth to try and get to the bottom of this, I've created a ticket at: https://github.com/davosmith/moodle-checklist/issues/93 to capture that discussion (you will need a github account to comment there, but it should only take 5 min to sign up).

It would be helpful to know your Moodle version and the exact version of the checklist plugin (please add those details to the github ticket). Thanks.