Teacher role cannot search participants

Teacher role cannot search participants

by jason losett -
Number of replies: 4
In any course, when logged in as admin there is a search box at the bottom of the participants list (as long as you have selected "all participants"). This search box no longer appears when logged in under the teacher role. Is there a permission override that will turn this search box back on in other roles?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to jason losett

Re: Teacher role cannot search participants

by Iñaky Zubiria -

I have the same problem. As an admin, I'll give permission to my teacher to see a serach box in the participants list...  Let's wait for a pretty answer

Canary Island

In reply to Iñaky Zubiria

by ben reynolds -
Not that I have an answer, but it will help if you specify the version of Moodle. 1.x?

Do you have multiple pages of users to search through? I notice that Moodle doesn't provide a search box if all users appear on just one page.
In reply to ben reynolds

by jason losett -
1.9.7 is the version i am running. I have over 1000 users in the participants list. The search feature is there for admin roles, just not teacher or any other role.
In reply to jason losett

by Caleb CalebKing3 -

I don't know if the question was ever answer but you need to change the role permission in order to access the search bar feature for teachers/instructors(any postion that is not an admin)

If you are using Moodle 1.9 go to Users > Permissions > Define Role > click on the edit hand for the position > under the system categories grant "view participants."

This should solve the problem.

Sorry it is 3 years late. lol smile