IE not displaying images on Front Page

IE not displaying images on Front Page

by Tim Evans -
Number of replies: 0
For my Moodle start up page I display to my new user a list of my courses each including a description with an image.

This displays fine in Mozilla and looks quite nice.

However, in Internet Explorer it does not display my images.

After some investigating, I relaised that these images where associated as Course files with the specific course so that only once I had joined the course, would I be able to view the picture. (As to why this doesn't apply in Mozilla, I have no idea).

Although I thought this kind of stupid on the Moodle development teams part, as anything within a course description is really intended for people who are not yet enrolled in a course, I tried to get around the error.

I have tried many different solution, for example making the default role of the Front Page as a student etc. and none of these have worked.

So I figure that for now I will just upload the pictures I want as site files and then copy the link for them into my course descriptions.

However, I thought I would post this here to see if anyone has experienced a similar issue and has an actual fix that will mean I don't have to use this workaround. The reason for this is that I will not be maintaining the site and the person who is gets more confused with these sorts of things, so something that could make their life easier would be nice

Cheers
Average of ratings: -