XMLRPC method for automated posting of podcast entries

XMLRPC method for automated posting of podcast entries

by Juan Herrera -
Number of replies: 1
At our university we have an automated videocast service in which a PC running VLC records a screencast of the computer's desktop along with video of the lecturer (composed side by side in a mosaic). After the lecture is recorded, the video is transferred via sftp to a server running a Flash Media Server, and an embedded flash player linking to the videocast shows in a wordpress "videoblog" automatically using XML RPC. This allows us to create a sort of "forum" for lectures, in which students post their comments on the lecture's videocast.

Now we're interested in implementing this same functionality in moodle, automatically creating new posts in forums in which students can discuss the lecture. I'm completely new in XML-RPC programming for moodle, so I'd like to ask, would someone be willing to collaborate/guide me in implementing the XML-RPC functionality? We think it'd be a great thing to share with the moodle community.

Thank you very much,

Juan Herrera
Universidad EAFIT
Medellín, Colombia
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Herrera

Re: XMLRPC method for automated posting of podcast entries

by Bill Hoag -

Juan,

I posted some code close to what you might want here: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=125867. If you are running Moodle 1.9.9x with source since January of this year, be aware that updates to Moodle will require updates to a few of the mdl_mnet_host* and mdl_mnet_service* tables to get xml-rpc calls working.

HTH,

Bill