Anyone in my area?

Anyone in my area?

by Nancy Gleaton -
Number of replies: 19
I'm interested in meeting and communicating with other Moodlers in my geographic areas - central South Carolina, USA. Anyone out there?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nancy Gleaton

Re: Anyone in my area?

by ben reynolds -
Baltimore, which is, at least, the same continent smile
In reply to ben reynolds

by Nancy Gleaton -

True... and in the larger scheme of things, not that far away. I will actually be in Westminster from Jun 5-12, which is where we will debuting our first live version of a Moodle classroom for students at a week-long leadership & management school.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Nancy Gleaton -
I see in your profile your interest are composition and writing. I just finished a Master's degree in Professional Writing in December. What do you like to write?

by ben reynolds -
Hi Nancy,
I don't actually write much anymore, but, before I became a bureaucrat, I was a fiction writer.

Westminster is a hop, skip, & a jump from here. That's the week before our early summer session starts, so I'll be busy, but anything I can do to help . . .

In reply to ben reynolds

by Nancy Gleaton -
Thanks... I'll keep you in mind. And let me know if you end up with some spare time big grin that week -- I'd love an "outsider" to see what we're doing and give a critiqie and advice!

by Paula Clough -

Nancy,

I am in Arizona ... same continent...but I love brainstorming about possible uses of Moodle.  I'm putting together a presentation on creative uses of Moodle glossaries and databases for a conference in March right now... I also work full time and am teaching an undergrade hybrid course in Educational Technology this sememter. 

If you need someone to discuss things with .

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Lina Susee -
Paula,
What a fun stumble I a made finding you! How are you and I see you are still very techno involved!

Where is the class you are teaching?
Take care, and very fun to find you again.
Lina Susee

by E. L. Cooper -
I live in Ohio these days but my son lives in Columbia and I have cousins by the dozens in Aiken so I plan to be there in the spring.
In reply to E. L. Cooper

by Nancy Gleaton -
Very cool! Let me know when.  I live about 70 minutes or so from Aiken and would love to get together face-to-face with someone who knows what they are doing with Moodle!

by jacob oram -
yes i am interested to meet you.
clean whites
In reply to jacob oram

by Nancy Gleaton -
That might be a little hard, since you're in NY and I'm in SC. I was really looking for anyone in my local area. But thanks for the thought...

by Harry Sweet -
Columbia? Sumter?

I've lived there for 5 years. Just not this 5 years.

You ask the right question a 1/4 century too late. But you did not specify when... : )

Now I'm only ~18 hours away.
In reply to Harry Sweet

by Nancy Gleaton -

Very funny, Harry... tongueout

I'm in Lugoff, so I'm about halfway between Columbia and Shaw. But I'm afraid 18 hours away is a little far to commute...

by Michelle Liken -
Hi Nancy!!

I'm just down the road in Wildewood.

Would LOVE to collaborate.

I'm trying to learn Moodle for a class I am teaching and also develop some online modules for a HRSA grant I have.

Right now I'm stuck at trying to see what Moodle is all about, because I have no webspace to upload it to and play with it.

I e-mailed you too!

Shelly
mliken@sc.rr.com

In reply to Michelle Liken

by ben reynolds -
Hi Shelly,
I haven't done this myself, but there's a Windows Moodle you can install on your own computer to play with. Search on "Moodle for Windows." and "Moodle on USB Stick."
In reply to Michelle Liken

by Nancy Gleaton -

LIke Ben said, there's a standalone version that runs in a Windows environment. That's what I did at first, just to see if it was what we wanted before installing it on a server.

I'm more than willing to get together -- we're only about 20 minutes apart! I sent you an message with my email.