How to change default Assignment Grade

How to change default Assignment Grade

de Khalid Ashraf -
Número de respuestas: 10
Hi, I have added a new scale in the moodle. What I want is that whenever I add a new assignment in a course, the scale I added should be selected by default in the grade dropdown instead of "100". Anyone knows how to do this please let me know. Thanks in advance. Regards,
Promedio de valoraciones: -
En respuesta a Khalid Ashraf

Re: How to change default Assignment Grade

de Mary Cooch -
Imagen de Documentation writers Imagen de Moodle HQ Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Testers Imagen de Translators
I'm not sure how you can make it the default grade but you can simply change the grade you want to appear in the dropdown when you set up an assignment by selecting your new scale instead (which will be above 100 in the grade dropdown box in the assignment set up)
En respuesta a Khalid Ashraf

de Tim Danner -
I'm looking to do the same thing. None of our courses will have grades, so we want the default scale set to a new scale we created and not "100." Makes it much easier on instructors because they don't have to always change/remember to change the Grade setting for every assignment they add.
En respuesta a Tim Danner

de Itamar Tzadok -
That's a new feature which you can add to the tracker if it is not already there. Generalized, this should be part of default course settings in the course settings similar to the groups and grouping settings and I can think of many other such useful defaults. sonrisa
En respuesta a Itamar Tzadok

de jen ol -
actually i have solved this by some coding.
I have posted result here in blog
En respuesta a jen ol

de Séverin Terrier -
Imagen de Documentation writers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Testers Imagen de Translators

Hello,

i've seen no information in your other related post, and i would be interested by your code, but haven't found it indeciso

Could you please show me where i can find it exactly ?

En respuesta a Séverin Terrier

de jen ol -
En respuesta a jen ol

de Séverin Terrier -
Imagen de Documentation writers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Testers Imagen de Translators

I just see one article, not related to this (but activity report for mentors) pensativo

Perhaps your article is private, or not present now, or linked to a specific course ???

En respuesta a Séverin Terrier

de jen ol -
For anyone else looking for the way to put links to the courses that student enrolled in activity report for parents.
This is very nice option for the mentors(parents), because when they checking students grades, they don't have to go back in student profile, to see another course grades.
So to do this you need put some code in file http://yourmoodle/course/user.php
here is code

if ($mycourses = get_my_courses($user->id, 'visible DESC,sortorder ASC', null, false, 21)) {
$courselisting = '';
foreach ($mycourses as $mycourse) {
if ($mycourse->category) {
if ($mycourse->id != $course->id){
$class = '';
if ($mycourse->visible == 0) {
// get_my_courses will filter courses $USER cannot see
// if we get one with visible 0 it just means it's hidden
// ... but not from $USER
$class = 'class="dimmed"';
}
$courselisting .= ""
. format_string($mycourse->fullname) . ", ";
}
else {
$courselisting .= format_string($mycourse->fullname) . ", ";
}
}
}
echo rtrim($courselisting,', ');
}
You should place the code after print_header function
It's usual line 118-119
En respuesta a jen ol

de Séverin Terrier -

I really don't understand : this one IS visible in your blog entry (link posted in our messages).

but the subject of this discussion is "How to change default Assignment Grade" guiño

And, in fact, should be "How to change default Assignment Scale...