Link from an html page in moodle to a discussion forum in moodle

by Virgil Varvel -
Number of replies: 3

Help please.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Virgil Varvel

More info

by Virgil Varvel -
I have an html page that I have written and inserted into Moodle in a mod1 folder.  I then have a discussion forum that I want to link directly to from that html file.
In reply to Virgil Varvel

Re: More info

by Ian Usher -

Hi Virgil...

If I want to link to a forum then I normally just open a new browser tab or window with the forum in it, copy the URL and paste it as a link in the HTML page (when I'm editing this page using the built in HTML editor). Alternatively, do this before you insert the HTML page, if you're writing it 'externally' in another editor. Is this what you mean?

If you have automatic resource linking on, then including the name of the Forum, like Forum Module, should automatically link it. As long as you intend it then that's great!

In that paragraph above I didn't make a link, but because I used the same wording as the name of this forum, Moodle automatically linked it...

Does that help?

Ian.

In reply to Ian Usher

Re: More info

by Virgil Varvel -
That worked.  I was trying a relative link, but couldn't get it to work.  The URL of our Moodle server is going to change, so I wanted to try and get things to work without having to change the URL's.