SCORM scores in Gradebook

SCORM scores in Gradebook

by Dave Dannenberg -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

First let me say I posted this same question to the SCORM forum with no solution  but thought I would see if anyone here knew differently.

I have a course that contains a few SCORM activity that are currently set to Grade=Learning Objects and sending a 1 or 0 to the gradebook. However, the teacher would like to scores to be displayed as a either "Complete" (1) or "Incomplete" (0). There are other activities in the course that require their own grading method so overwriting the Site default Grade Letters is not an option. Does anyone know of a way to have a SCORM activity basically use a custom scale for display in the gradebook?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

In reply to Dave Dannenberg

Re: SCORM scores in Gradebook

by Itamar Tzadok -
Should be fairly easy to implement with a mirror grade item set to display a scale [incomplete,complete] and a formula which takes the value from the original item and add 1 to it (or instead of the formula, the offset in the original grade item could be set to 1 such that the actual values would shift from 0/1 to 1/2 which is the scale's range). If hiding the original item in the gradebook does not affect its accessibility on the course, then the original item can be set to hidden and only the mirror grade item will appear in the user grade report. smile