demo.moodle.org changes

demo.moodle.org changes

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,
I went into demo.moodle.org and Features Demo (English) to see how an image displayed in a branch table and what the Page source code looked like as a student. Ooops.

Like anything else in life, things have changed since we updated Lesson in the Features Demo ( think that was over 2 years ago). These changes may impact other demonstration sections, just be aware if this is of interest to you.

I would suggest this could be a good time to add other students besides our "Sam". Gradebook and a Quiz Item analysis are pretty pathetic when there is no data smile

However, suggesting such a thing probably means I should be considering a plan for doing it ....but then there is 2.0 around the corner and maybe later is better.

Best to all, Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Collman

Re: demo.moodle.org changes

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your suggestion to add more students to the Features Demo course on our Moodle Demonstration site. You'll notice I've made a start by adding Leslie Learner!
In reply to Helen Foster

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I see, we can have more students, but only if we can think up enough dreadful puns wink
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Personally I never test anything without Justin Time and Annette Kurtin. (But I drew the line at Ben Dover)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Chris Collman -
Good point Tim! Except with this group, I would be just a little afraid of the collective unconsciousness coming to the surface!

by Frank Ralf -
To protect our privacy we could resort to something like http://www.username-generator.com or for a even broader scope http://nine.frenchboys.net I especially like the Princess Name Generator, e.g. "Princess Renata Wilhelmina Felicia Victoria del Corfell" wink
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Chris Collman -
Wow Frank, I would have never thought to do a search on name generators. Those links are a big hit for me. I like the nine.frenchboys one.

My instructors like to write questions using "He/she" and the lead teacher tells me that I should change the question to use a male or female name when ever I see it. I like to use a different name in each questions, so when a student says "the question where John Howland" , the teacher can find the question easily.

No offense Mary, but my lead teacher has tossed some of my names. Duh, print up some of those lists or random names and ask for pre approval ! Great thread

Chris

by Frank Ralf -
And that's where it all comes from: http://www.seventhsanctum.com

They have such nice categories as "Western Names", "Weired Names", "Pirate Ship Names"...

I'd say the "Gadget Name Generator" might even come up with some names for future Moodle plugins smile
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Chris Collman -
Golly Icy Wire Whisks Frank,that stuff is addictive.

I did create 240 unique last names and 120 male and 120 female names to go with them. Alas, Elmore Snodgrass and Julia Sniffles are not on the list. The things I learn.

Did I really see a site to generate random lesson plans, next to the Moodle feature name generator?

Chris