Teacher not able to view assignment

Teacher not able to view assignment

by smrithi puli -
Number of replies: 4

There is a user who is a teacher at course1 level where he is able to view the assignment. The same user is unable to view the assignment at the course 2 level though he has permissions to do so.

At the roles definition, the teacher role is having the view assignment permission set to Yes.

How is it possible that a person with permissions has the permissions on one course and not in the other course ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to smrithi puli

Re: Teacher not able to view assignment

by smrithi puli -
Is anyone there to help me out ? This is a show stopper in my course. Please help!
In reply to smrithi puli

by Roland Schewe -
Did you check the teacher rights on the course level? Is the role definition the same on the platform level and the course level? Or did anyone change the teacher role in course2?

Good luck
Roland

In reply to smrithi puli

by ben reynolds -
If you are using groups or groupings, be sure the teacher is in a group.
In reply to ben reynolds

by smrithi puli -

OK, I was poor in my explanation.

What happened here is the source course is fine (teacher able to see the assignments)..... We have a script which uses the moodle's backup/restore code to do the backup/restore.... what happened here that after the restore, the teacher lost its permission to view the assignment. The restore was successful though.

Do you think that something might have gone during the backup/restore? The restore was successful though.