We are running Moodle 1.9.5+ on SLES version 10 with Apache 2.2.0 and PHP 5.1.2. I get the following error whenever I try to open the notifications page OR if I try to assign roles in a course.
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare assignment_delete_instance() (previously declared in /srv/www/htdocs/moodle/mod/assignment/lib.php:1938) in /srv/www/htdocs/moodle/mod/assignment.bad/lib.php on line 2028
I'm not really sure what to do about this. We tried to install the assignment rubric module found here (http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=1642), but we were not able to get it to work. I thought we removed all of the relevant files, but it looks like we missed something. I didn't see anything on that page that looked like it related to the error I've shown above.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks very much in advance. I'm a real newbie at this.
In the hope of helping anyone else with this issue, here is how I solved it on our server. We also installed the rubric assignment module and have it working successfully - it's key to our system so I could not delete it (and have happy staff, anyway!)
When I got an error message similar to the above, I:
- Created an archive/ directory at the root of the moodle instance. On our Mac server, that is /Library/WebServer/Documents/moodle/archive
- Created a sub-directory of archive/mod
- Moved the entire second directory in the message (in my case it was assignment.bck, which is what I renamed the original assignment directory during the installation of the rubric module). I put it into the archive/mod directory. (Eg: the command was mv /Library/WebServer/Documents/moodle/mod/assignment.bck /Library/WebServer/Document/moodle/archive/mod in my case.)
That seems to have solved the issue in our case - notifications page works fine and assigning roles also returns to the original page just fine. It also cleared up an issue we had with the cron script running.
I had something similar and found the following:
I had updated/changed my ~moodle/mod/assignment dir and had both
~moodle/mod/assignment && ~moodle/mod/assignment.orig
I moved the ~moodle/mod/assignment.orig and reran the enrol_database_sysnc.php command and it worked.
Hope this helps. Cheers and happy new year.