Random Creation of certificates and assign them to specific pupils

Random Creation of certificates and assign them to specific pupils

by Stephen Welch -
Number of replies: 2
Hi I like the look of this module and I think it will do for our application in the primary school that i work in. But I have a question.

The school just wants to assign certificates to pupils for good behaviour and good work rather than take structured approach in doing it through a lesson as the example explains. So can this be done.

I teacher logs in goes to a course and selects a certificate and says right jack has been very good today I am going to issue this to Jack.

The pupil can view the certificate in the normal fashion using the sticky block menu on his or her my moodle page.

Hopefully someone can help.

Stephen
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Welch

Re: Random Creation of certificates and assign them to specific pupils

by E. L. Cooper -

OK if you add an extra week in course setting then put the certificate types (IE if you have 12 weeks set to 13, install install good behavior, attaboy etc in week 13) then reset to the correct number of weeks. When the teacher wants to issue a cert they go to setting select the additional week, login as the student (you may have to set that permission to allow in roles) issue cert, login as self, switch class back to correct number of weeks.

I have not tested this but I am 99% sure it would work.

PS I think you woulld need to set the certificate to save too

In reply to E. L. Cooper

Re: Random Creation of certificates and assign them to specific pupils

by Stephen Welch -

Thanks for you reply on that.  i tried it and while it does work i cannot see the teachers going through the process of hiding and unhiding the topics.  Can i leave the certificate there as a link bu limit what the students can do it, i.e. give themselves a cert.

The login as works great.

Thanks for you help on this.

Stephen