After installing moodle on yahoo small business domain , I am getting warning in Notification for moodledata and cron.php though folder is protected

After installing moodle on yahoo small business domain , I am getting warning in Notification for moodledata and cron.php though folder is protected

by Shri S -
Number of replies: 2

Hi ,

I am new to this forum I installed moodle as per instruction given in (yahoo small business domain )  , link is ysbnet.in/manuals/moodle

after installation , when I login and click on notification on left side navigation , it is showing two warnings

"Your site configuration might not be secure. Please make sure that your dataroot directory (/moodledata) is not directly accessible via web.
The cron.php maintenance script has not been run for at least 24 hours"

I verified that the folder moodledata is protected ,but still I am getting this warning.Please suggest how to resolve this and do I need to move to some other host for moodle which will meet the systems requirement for moodle.As I faced many problems even during installation .

Thanks & Regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shri S

Re: After installing moodle on yahoo small business domain , I am getting warning in Notification for moodledata and cron.php though folder is protected

by Brian Lockwood -
This is two problems.

1) Where is your moodledata folder? Is there a url that will show any of the contents of your moodledata folder on the web? (i.e. Is the moodledata folder anywhere inside your public html space).

2) You need to call your cron job every few minutes ideally. The job can be called from another server somewhere if you can't run cron jobs on your hosting service.
In reply to Shri S

Re: After installing moodle on yahoo small business domain , I am getting warning in Notification for moodledata and cron.php though folder is protected

by Walter Okumu -

Hi, Would you mind explaining to me how you managed to install Moodle on your Yahoo Small Business? I've been trying but unsuccessfully