Site Files — How to link from them

Site Files — How to link from them

by Yoko Ohama -
Number of replies: 1
I found a similar discussion here (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=110002) but I am wondering if it possible to link to other Moodle entities from an uploaded .html Site File.

We are creating several themes for Moodle, and for each we want a Privacy Policy page whose styles will be reflective of that of the rest of the theme. I initially resolved this by uploading a .html file in Site Files, but it appears as though the PHP that calls the theme root:
$CFG->themewww .'/'. current_theme()
doesn't work. After a couple attempts it looks like the PHP doesn't get called at all (echoing the $meta, for instance, doesn't do anything).

My main question is: do the PHP variables work in Site Files? If so, what could I be doing that isn't letting it work?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yoko Ohama

Re: Site Files — How to link from them

by Yoko Ohama -
I haven't found a solution for my previous issue, but I've thought of a bit of a work-around:

Instead of creating one "Privacy" .html file with a variable that would link to different stylesheets, we are going to make multiple "Privacy" .html files (something like "theme1_privacy.html," "theme2_privacy.html" and so on), and the proper files would be called by the PHP within the Moodle code.

It's not particularly elegant, but it does allow for multiple stylings. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd really appreciate it!