IE styles don't seem to be being picked up

IE styles don't seem to be being picked up

by Ryan Holder -
Number of replies: 2
Hi all,

I have just installed a new moodle and created my theme in firefox. There are a few things that I need to fix for IE but when I alter styles_ie7.css I cant make any changes to what I see (I am viewing in IE8 but I thought it would pick up IE7 styling?)

I have gone through some verification that I have changed the file - redownloaded it via ftp, the changes are there.

I have removed all themes except Standard and my new one.

Any suggestions, do the IE styles need to be included manually?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan Holder

Re: IE styles don't seem to be being picked up

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Ryan,
Have you checked where the styles_ie7.css is called from? I think it's often inside a conditional statement that checks specifically for IE7 rather than just IE as there is often a separate call for an IE6 css. If this is the case it probably wont pick it up when viewing in IE8 and you may need to change the conditional statement to call it from both IE7 and IE8 - or put an additional statement in for IE8 as you may find somethings that work in 7 dont in 8 and you may need another css file.
Roll on the day when we don't need separate files for different browsers, but I guess that wont be as long as IE is around (probably forever! lol!)

Richard
In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: IE styles don't seem to be being picked up

by Ryan Holder -
Thank you Richard,

I changed meta.php to reflect the new path to the theme, and added a line to specify IE8 and it worked.

Nice,

Ryan