best character to extend GIFT with

Re: best character to extend GIFT with

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 0
Bildo de Core developers Bildo de Documentation writers Bildo de Particularly helpful Moodlers Bildo de Peer reviewers Bildo de Plugin developers
GIFT content in ordinary wiki pages sounds like a really simple solution that will work nicely.

I am glad you have a GSoC student. Moodle decided not to participate this year, for reasons I understand, but it still makes me sad.

I don't know of specific tools to help with proof-reading questions. Two thoughts:

1. it is not an efficient way to review a lot of questions in bulk, but something like Moodle's question preview pop-up is essential, I think. The situation I am envisaging is someone in the middle of reviewing a lot of questions off-line, and the come to something they don't quite understand, and want to see exactly how it looks to the student at runtime. They need to be able to fire up a preview.

2. They just rewrote the entry-level maths degree course here at the OU, and as part of that they created 2000 questions. They built a custom system to do that as a python script. The script would load a template then fire up Mathematica to generate a lot of random variants. Then it would write the questions out as Moodle XML format, including embedded LaTeX for the equations.

Anyway, the point is that to facilitate reviewing the questions, there script also output a TeX document (well, actually, it automatically rendered it to PDF) that showed all the options for all the questions for reviewing.