Please vote to make the Glossary better

Please vote to make the Glossary better

by Kim Salinas -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Testers
Hello All

I have submitted an idea to Moodle and need you to vote on it (if you think it is a good idea). It will allow us to rate each submission and aggregate the score, when a student makes entries into a glossary. I have described the issue in the tracker.

You will need an account on the Moodle Tracker to vote. Please go to http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-20514 and vote.

Thank You! smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Kim Salinas

Re: Please vote to make the Glossary better

by Itamar Tzadok -
What would be an example of a glossary activity with rating for each submission and aggregated score? smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Kate Dunlay -
I probably won't understand this issue until it comes time to grade the glossary assignment I just put up. Each student is to add information about three traditional musicians in Atlantic Canada to our performer glossary. I grade the assignment. So I'm guessing I'll have to look at the three entries and add up the points in my head or on paper. The assignment is 10 points total. So I guess I go to Grades and enter a grade. Is that what happens? I don't see anything else that indicates otherwise. So do you want the ability to grade each entry and have Moodle add or average them?

It doesn't really matter to much in my case because three entries is not very many, and I expect most of the students who actually do the assignment will get close to the full point value. But I can see how if each student were to add fifteen entries, it would get harder to keep track of by hand.
In reply to Kate Dunlay

by Paula Clough -

Kate,

You can sort the glossary by author and see right away how many each student has posted.  Its the tab on the right at the top of the glossary.  cool

Attachment glossary_browsing.png
In reply to Kim Salinas

by Gerry Bolger -
I thought it did this already, i.e. I get students to submit, I rate and then it shows in their gradebook!

Or are you on about something else?