Can Teams of Students review/edit/exchange projects?

Re: Can Teams of Students review/edit/exchange projects?

by Paula Clough -
Number of replies: 0

Ruben,

I was thinking about this. WIKI is a possiblity, depending on the tech level of your students.  I haven't had much luck with students working with the WIKI that's in Moodle right now, so I have an idea for you to use a glossary.  

You will have to set the settings on the glossary to:

• duplicated entries:  yes if you want groups to have the same info in the concept box.
  • Allow comments on entries:  set to no if you want them to do all their work in the glossary definition box.
  • autmatically link glossary entries: no
  • approved by default: yes... or you will have to approve each entry
  • Display format:  use encyclopedia if you want the to beable to upload a graphic.... just one per entry though
  • Edit always:  yes... so that it can continually be re edited by the groups.

Now up at the top is a tab to Locally assign roles.

There are 2 places to assign roles...one on the course page which will change for the entire class and one for the individual activity.  You want the one on the individual activity because you don't want students seeing into the grades etc.

You can click on the Locally assigned roles inside the Glossary and click on teacher. You can then pull in all the students participating in the activity.  This will allow the students to edit any entry in the glossary.  It will only give them as a non editing teacher rights in this glossary as it is the only place you assigned them.  I tried it in my experimental course and it worked!

If you just wanted the students to be able to work on the one with their group and not any of the others, you would have to set up separate glossaries for each group and assign groups in your course then set up the glossary with assigned groups. When you want the entire class to see it, you can take off the assigned groups in the setting.

When the project is completed, you can reset the glossary settings to edit always: no and take the students out of the locally assigned roles as teachers. 

Hope that helps...but either way... I got to play around with glossaries!

cool