Course prerequisites

Course prerequisites

by Kempen Marais -
Number of replies: 1
My question relates to course prerequisites. It might be covered in the documentation and if so I apologize for missing it.

How do I setup one or more courses to be entry qualifiers for another course? For example, in order to do "Science III", I have to have successfully completed "Science II" and "Mathematics II" .

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kempen Marais

Re: Course prerequisites

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Perhaps surprisingly, Moodle does not really have a concept of a course being finished, and the functionality you ask for does not exist.

As the moment, people who need this type of functionality normally integrate Moodle with some other system, for example a student information system. For instance you might export the grades from the Moodle gradebook to the other system, which then analyses the data, and then enrols students in another course.

Course completion, and prerequisites, is on the Roadmap for Moodle 2.0, so the functionality you want is coming inside Moodle.