Course List disappeared from Administrators Front Page

Course List disappeared from Administrators Front Page

by Raul Chocano Vasquez -
Number of replies: 11
Hello to everyone.

This is my problem: I cannot see the main list of courses in all "Administrator" users when i log in (we usually see it, now the middle is all empty)... dunno what can be the problem, since i didnt make any change at all...

Thanks!!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raul Chocano Vasquez

Re: Course List disappeared from Administrators Front Page

by Michael Hughes -
Hi, strangley the exact same thing has happened to our test server, on Feb 2nd too! As admin if I set course listing to show, it does not show. No error messages. Did you fix it?
In reply to Michael Hughes

No, i still have the problem, for three days now. Im looking for help in forums, but i dont find any case like this. I hope somebody has any clue, in the meantime ill keep looking in forums...

by Paula Clough -

Hello, let's get a little more information.

Am I correct in assuming that you have checked your front page settings and that the "List of Categories" is selected in the Front Page section and the the Front page items when logged in section.  Is that correct?

Have you tried using the "Combo list" or "List of Courses" instead to see if they show up with the change in options?

Let us know. Hope we can help.

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

Thanks for your help, but i tried as you said all the combinations with that two options, being "List of Categories" for the first and "List of Courses" for the second, the default configuration, but still nothing.

Then i tried any option in the first listbox "Frontpage" and nothing showed, no matter what i choose. In the second listbox "frontpageloggedin" showed everything but "List of Courses" when i picked one by one...

by John St -
This happened to me too just recently (in the last week). Students and teachers still see the list of their courses, but the admin not longer sees it. I made no changes.

Is there a limit to the number of courses that will be displayed or something?
In reply to John St

by John St -
I found this in index.php in the moodle dir:

} else if ((!has_capability('moodle/site:config', get_context_instance(CONTEXT_SYSTEM)) and !isguest()) or (count_records('course') <= FRONTPAGECOURSELIMIT)) {
// admin should not see list of courses when there are too many of them
print_heading_block(get_string('availablecourses'));
print_courses(0);
}

I guess we passed some limit in the number of courses. Where/how is FRONTPAGECOURSELIMIT set?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John St

Vastus: Re: Course List disappeared from Administrators Front Page

by Tõnis Tartes -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Front_Page_settings

Tip: When using list of courses, the maximum number of courses that will be displayed is 200 by design. Typically, an administrator has access to every course, so the list of courses will no longer appear for an administrator, or any user in a system role when the Moodle site exceeds 200 courses. This limit can be adjusted from /course/lib.php. This is a non-issue for most students, as it is unlikely for them to participate in greater than 200 courses, or carry a system role.

And in course/lib.php at the very top there is this line:

if (!defined('FRONTPAGECOURSELIMIT')) {
define('FRONTPAGECOURSELIMIT', 200); // maximum number of courses displayed on the frontpage
}

Hope this works for you folks smile

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tõnis Tartes

Re: Vastus: Re: Course List disappeared from Administrators Front Page

by Doug Cullen -

COunt me in as having the same issue.

However I only have 6 courses, so I don't think it is a course limit issue

In reply to Tõnis Tartes

Ats: Vastus: Re: Course List disappeared from Administrators Front Page

by Danutė Pranckutė -

Hello. I have the same problem too. I tried in "lib.php" to increase the limits but the problem do not disappeared.

Maybe someone have more advice? sad

In reply to Tõnis Tartes

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.