Multi Course Grader Report

Multi Course Grader Report

by Barry Oosthuizen -
Number of replies: 19
Well I've been busy this weekend and on Saturday I made another Grade Report. The Multi Course Grader Report (similar to the Site Wide User Report) allows you to view all Grader Reports for all courses from any gradebook. Each course name acts as a Quicklink to a single Grader Report for that specific course. If you have any questions, suggestions or problems just let me know.

You can download the report from the Modules and Plugins database at http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=3366

You can find more news on this report and track the progress of other modules in development at http://www.beauxcreations.com/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=33

Cheers,

Barry Oosthuizen
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barry Oosthuizen

Re: Multi Course Grader Report

by felix rojas -
what are the steps to install the module

installed
???

In reply to felix rojas

by Barry Oosthuizen -

Hi Felix,

The documentation is at http://docs.moodle.org/en/Multi_course_grader_report 

Cheers,

Barry

by Jeff Falk -
After Install when I click the Multi Course Grader I just get a blank screen?
In reply to Jeff Falk

by Barry Oosthuizen -
Hi Jeff,

Can you give me the steps to reproduce the problem? Where did you extract the files and what Moodle version, OS, PHP version etc are you using?

Cheers,

Barry

by Jeff Falk -

Hi Barry,

Sorry to wait so long to get back to you.  I installed it on build 1.9.4 with PHP 5.2 and it comes up blank.  I went through the steps in your wiki. No sure if it is a problem with the build?

In reply to Jeff Falk

by Barry Oosthuizen -

Hi Jeff,

My guess is it doesn't work on 1.9.4 for some reason. You might want to consider upgrading.

Cheers,

Barry

by Barry Oosthuizen -
I have added a category/course selector so you can filter down to only view selected courses some other minor fixes. It only works on Moodle 1.9.5 upwards.

If you'd like to try out the new code you can find it here.

There is also a live demo of the 'Site Wide User Report (works with the same course selector interface as the Multi Course Grader Report)' on my website (www.beauxcreations.com) where you can aslo find login details

Cheers,

Barry

by lawrence li -

Sorry I couldn't find a live demo for this module...could u specify the link for me? thanks

btw, is it a grade report that shows a student grade for ALL course he enrolled? (i need this function) thanks

In reply to lawrence li

by Barry Oosthuizen -
Hi Lawrence,

Here are few steps to make it easier:

1. Visit the my website and log in with the login details provide here
  2. Visit one of the LMS demo courses (under Demo Sites) e.g. http://www.beauxcreations.com/grade/report/multigrader/index.php?id=31
  3. Click on Grades
  4. Click on Multi Course Grader Report (Subtab or from the choose an action dropdown menu)
  5. To choose your courses use the category/course tree to expand/collapse the course tree.
  6. Checkboxes next to categories act as select all/select none buttons.
  7. Click submit to show the reports for the selected courses

I've updated the dowload packages with a fix for a problem that occured because of hidden courses so you might want to download again if you had problems.

The course filter has the side effect that the other things like sort/collapse grade categories don't work in the multi course grader report anymore. Not too much of a loss since it would be pretty tricky to use those features across mulitple courses, but I guess some people mind have found it useful before.

Cheers,

Barry

Does/can/could the Multi Course Grader Report export all reports to one CVS or Excel Doc?

by D Gottron -
I downloaded and installed your plug-in and it works great for visualizing all the grade reports. Nice work Berry! This is really cool....

I am trying to figure out if it can export all the reports to one Excel document to give to the administration for evaluation. If it doesn't (and knowing the code you used to program this) do you think it is possible with this method of gathering all these reports for export to one spread sheet rather then exporting one at a time?

let me know, thanks..

d
In reply to D Gottron

Re: Does/can/could the Multi Course Grader Report export all reports to one CVS or Excel Doc?

by Paul crookell -
yeah! sorry to piggy back this, but a way to export all the users/grades for ALL the courses in just one Excel/CSV would make this mod go from great to really, really great! smile

Paul
In reply to D Gottron

Re: Does/can/could the Multi Course Grader Report export all reports to one CVS or Excel Doc?

by Barry Oosthuizen -
Hi D & Paul,

I'm glad to hear you find the Multi Course Grader Report useful (at least a little) and were able to install it. No blank page issues for you then? Would you mind telling me which Moodle version you're using? I'm trying to figure out why some people get a blank screen.

The Multic Course Grader Report is just for visual effect at the moment - no single export function, but I did include individual export links/icons for each individual course so you could right click open in new tab for each export and save a lot of time. Considering I only spent a day working on this (at my own expense) you can't really ask/expect much more. There is a Export all Grades patch somewhere in the tracker done by a Moodle Partner which attempts to do what you're asking for but I understand it tricky to apply the patch and there might be issues with which Moodle version it's compatible with (I don't know).

I struggle to understand how you could keep so much data in one spreadsheet in a meaningful way. Say you have 10 users in one course, 50 in another, 30 in another etc, how would you keep ALL the grades for all those courses + users in one spreadsheet? Wouldn't you rather have one worksheet per course?

Or, would it help to have the data in one long sheet (limit of 64k rows - one row for each grade of a user) which could then be used to make a pivot table?

Cheers,

Barry

by Lester Cunningham -
Hi Barry,

I have just installed both Multi Course and Site Wide modules and get blanks screens for both. I am using Moodle 1.9.4 and PHP 5.1.6 on a Linux server.

What I need is a site wide report for all users across (selected) courses by date and by pass mark (i.e. Grade letter set to "Pass" or "Fail"). I know that this is impossible but I'm hoping that someone can think of a way of adapting the grading system for this purpose. Number of users are in the thousands.

For example: List all users who have "Passed" (Achieved grade letter or above) in range of courses during the past (rolling) 12 months.

Sounds simple!

Lester
In reply to Lester Cunningham

by Barry Oosthuizen -
Hi Lester,

I've not tested it with Moodle 1.9.4 (only 1.9.5 upwards) and I think I've only used PHP 5.2 so far. Could you possibly try it on a test Moodle with a current/newer version? This would help me a lot.

Is the site wide report you're looking for more similar to the overview report (course totals or course pass/fail only)? Or do you need more detail (i.e. all grade items listed)?

Cheers,

Barry

by Riaan Brits -

Hi,

Are you planning a Moodle 2.0 update to the Multi Grader?

Riaan

by Kevin Daetwyler -

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is still supported, but i'll give it a try smile

I'm trying to install multigrader to my portal, i've unpacked it in the correct folder however when accessing "notifications" it's not being recognized at all.. (moodle 1.9.7)

Any ideas? (I've installed site wide user report and it works fine, however am interested by multigrader's export to xls feature..)

Many thanks,

by Aviwe Foji -

Hi, is there a way in which the multi-grader report can be visible to students? once visible, can they only view their grades and not everyone else's grades? 

Thank you. smile

by Afrooz Rashedi -

Dear Barry,

I am using Moodle 3 and I very much need to use your plugin. When will you release the version for moodle 3?