I am interested in developing mLearing components to Moodle. As an initiative I need some feedback on the current status of it like what are the features it supports right now, what are the features it lacks etc.
So as I went through it I found most of the general features are already implemented. But I have doubt about following. Please provide some feedback on this. May be it has support with modern phones. But its better if you can differentiate this.
1) Does interactive learning like Flash support is enabled? For older phones the inbuilt flash support is lacking. So does does this Flash interactive content deal with older phones?
2) Audio/Video playing features.
3) Power point presentations.
4) Quizzes etc, chat, other features etc.
I am more concentrated on developing the point 1) so please explain how it has been implemented now.
Looking for a feedback.
Hmm I found this thread while reseraching Moodle Roadmap about mLearning. For those of you who are interested, here is the document:
To answer your questions:
1. Flash support is highly depending on the Web browsers as it would require a Flash plugin. Most of the recent smart phones (including iPhone5) now in some way, are suppoting Flash. For iphone users who are looking for Flash support, you might be interested in this app.
I do think for Moodle mLearning, it will be relying on HTML5 and not Flash. This is a good news for people who has slightly older smart phones as it will NOT be depending on Flash.
2. Audio/Video playing features: This is fully supported by Moodle Mobile (MM).
3. PowerPoint presentation: I believe this should be a training issue. If instructors can convert their PowerPoint files to something more Mobile phone friendly, then this should solve the problem.
4. Quizzes, chat, etc. => Again I believe this is possible with MM. This discussion would be helpful as well.
Hope this helps!
Wen, I think you will find that this discussion and the concepts for Moodle Mobile have moved a long way since this original post over 3 years ago!