Assignment Problem but complicated..

Assignment Problem but complicated..

by tandin dorji -
Number of replies: 4
I work as IT personnel in a new college which is just three years old. So i heard of moodle from my friend and wanted to implement in my college for efficiency purpose.
my problem is that being a newbie on moodle assignment problem got me stuck.

i have two courses (i.e BBA and BCom) BBA is 8 semester and BCom is 6 Semester course and this semester falls under sub-categories. now i want to have assignment in such a way that

1.) Mr.X teaching in BBA semester-I, paper No.101 and BCom semester-III, paper No 305 to see only his students from BBA semester-I and BCom semster -III. and he can only access his own course.

2.) and a student can get assignment topics and do assignment submission to all his/her module tutor.

Please help!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to tandin dorji

Re: Assignment Problem but complicated..

by Marius Pretorius -
Hello Tandin

Welcome to Moodle! You might need to experiment with the various ways that Moodle courses can be structured to see which way suits you best.

Your courses BBA or BCom probably consist of a number of modules. Some of these modules might be optional etc. Moodle has various ways in which you can structure this.

The basic component of Moodle is a course. I would not set up a whole course such as a BBA course in one Moodle course - it makes it too cumbersome. You could set up each separate module that a tutor teaches to a specific group of students as a separate Moodle course. You can then organise these courses in categories and subcategories to provide you with an organised structure. E.g. BBA and BCom could be a categories.

When a tutor is allocated as the teacher of a Moodle course they can 'see' the students of that course and their assignments etc. They have to move about from Moodle course to Moodle course to see all of their students and all their assignments.

Students can have a 'MyMoodle' page which lists their Moodle courses.

Greetings
Marius
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marius Pretorius

by tandin dorji -
Thanks Marius
the information you provided was really useful for me.
like you mentioned in your reply I have made BBA and BCom as Categories. and place the semesters of respective Courses(i.e. BBA and BCom) as sub-categories. But i didnt get my desired output.

But I have a small clarification to be done.

what is the difference between assigning a role as a teacher from course and assigning a role as a teacher from 'assign system roles'

once more thanks for your valuable help!

Tandin.
In reply to tandin dorji

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Tandin. If you assign a teacher in a course then they are only a teacher in that course and could have another role elsewhere in your Moodle like a student in someone else's course but if you assign them the role site wide via assign system roles then they are a teacher in every course everywhere - which you don't want!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by tandin dorji -
Thanks Mary
It was really useful. now I get it how to assign them.
Thanks a lot.