Moodle DataPlus, SQLite3, Module

Moodle DataPlus, SQLite3, Module

por Anthony Forth -
Número de respuestas: 8
We've released our DataPlus module to anyone wants it at http://www.open.ac.uk/blogs/dataplus/

The module, based heavily on the Database module, enables users to create a standalone SQLite3 database rather than using the Moodle database to store data. The aim was to enable improved performance, search and portability over the Data module.

It's been in the Moodle build used at The Open University since December and the version available for download includes some improvements as a result of comments internally.

Anthony
Promedio de valuaciones (ratings): -
En respuesta a Anthony Forth

Re: Moodle DataPlus, SQLite3, Module

por Anthony Forth -
Just a note that we've released 1.11 today with a number of bug fixes and some small additional features. Take a look - http://www.open.ac.uk/blogs/dataplus/

por Tyler Bithell -

I have a need to log the amount of time that a user is on each page of a course.  I'm using Lectora as my authoring tool, and it appears to me that I probably need to have a table attached to each users profile that will store how long they were on each page. 

DataPlus sounds like it may be a means by which I can accomplish this.  Any suggestions or pointers?  Do you agree that this is something I could accomplish with DataPlus?  Also, Lectora allow me to create variables that I can use to store start and end time, and I can do the time calculations in it as well.  What I'm not really sure about is how to then get that data to the tables. 

En respuesta a Tyler Bithell

por Anthony Forth -
Sorry for the really slow reply, I missed your post initially, and I am afraid I am not familiar with Lectora.

Don't know if you want to go into this kind of depth but you could look at utilising either of the SQLite libraries come with DataPlus to write to a database created for use in DataPlus from another source. All you would need to pass is the id and the path in moodledata where the database is stored. As long as you just use it to INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE records you should find that you won't have any problems. Hopefully the functions in the lib are reasonably self explanatory.

por Doug Cullen -
This is great! I use Moodle for my NHS chapter and I've looked at using the Database activity for recording their community service but I cringe at the thought of adding 6000 records a year to the regular Moodle database. Just seems like asking for trouble. So using an outside database fill the bill. A new instance per class per year would be much more manageable. And at last we can output the username in the export sonrisa

I have a couple of questions

It appears that the approval method has not carried over. Can it be implemented?
Also can groups be used so that each member would only see their own records?

Thanks
Doug

por Vernon Spain -
Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers
Awesome effort! would it be possible to make this database web-accessible?
External queries etc?

Regards and thanks for a great addition,

V

por Rachael Kreisler -
Thanks for a great module. I was wondering if there was a way to access a single view directly with search terms instead of the record id? I can replicate a post to the search form but can't put the sessionid in (to my knowledge) using the template (want to access a record in one database by building a link using a template in another).

por Anthony Forth -

DataPlus 1.2 is available at http://www.open.ac.uk/blogs/dataplus/.

New features are -

Optional commenting on records from the single record view.

An option to specify a template for add record forms

A ‘more’ link option to make navigation from view screens to single record views easier.