What could be causing this problem?

What could be causing this problem?

by N Hansen -
Number of replies: 1
I am posting this here rather than the tracker because at the moment I can't even ascertain where the cause of the problem is. I have the drag and drop question type installed on my Moodle. Since I upgraded to 1.9.7 from an earlier version, the drag and drop questions are breaking and the error message displayed is this:

Fatal error:
Smarty error:
Unable to write to $complile_dir '/home/mysite/moodledata/smarty_c'.
Be sure $complile_dir is writable by the web server user. in /home/mysite/public_html/lib/smarty.class.php on line 1093

It seems to me the problem is a spelling error. "complile" should be "compile". However, the problem is that I cannot figure out where this misspelling is. I looked in smarty.class.php and the drag drop files and that turned up nothing. I have a copy of Moodle on my computer and I have even done a search of all of the files and "complile" appears nowhere. So I am stumped as to how to figure out what the source of the problem is. Does anyone have any ideas?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to N Hansen

Re: What could be causing this problem?

by N Hansen -
Fixed the problem. The spelling error seems to have been a distraction and I still don't know what caused it. I decided to delete the smarty_c folder and allow it to be created again and I noticed the write permissions changed so for some reason the permissions had gotten corrupted.