A couple questions...

A couple questions...

by Mark Augias -
Number of replies: 3
Hey everyone,

Am on the verge of completing my first Moodle site... It's been in beta testing with the client for a few weeks and there are a few last things that need ironing out before sign off.

First thing is with Enrolment expiry notification, is there a way in which you can customise the email that's sent? I've seen the eMail plugin but not sure if will help with system notifications?

Another point I may need to address is if someone is enrolled on a course that consists of multiple quiz's, am I in anyway able to limit how many they are able to take? If no it doesn't matter, I just need to know either way.

The only other thing is that I have a list of existing users that my client needs to add to the site, they've given them to me in an Excel spreadsheet and so I'm dreading getting them in there. I've read this article which has given me some hope, but means converting to csv - if anyone has any pointers with importing users then a heads up on the process would be invaluable!

Thanks for any help,

Cheers!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Augias

Re: A couple questions...

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
For the first question, I would ordinarily say go to:

• Administration Language Language editing

And click on Edit words or phrases, but I am not sure it appears here, it should do, but I do not know what filename it appears under. You may have to search for it, but if it is available, that is the most likely place you will get it.

You may be able to limit tests users take by hiding and unhiding the quizzes using the Eye icon, but I do not think that is what you are asking. You cannot discriminate between who a quiz may or may not be available for. Perhaps there is a method when using groups, but I have never though of anything like this, so do not really know.

Before you do anything with that Excel file, you need to read some documentation about how to setup and use a csv file. Test it out by creating what you want, as few as 5 users is good - then test it to make sure you know what is happening. Once you understand it, it becomes simple. The first is the worst, but done it once, you have done it for the rest of the time you are involved with Moodle. Just make sure the columns are appropriately ordered and it will work, every time.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Mark Augias -
Thanks for your pointers, much appreciated!

I think the quiz limiting is off the menu, but it's no biggy so no bother there.

With regard to the auto generated email though, does anyone have any idea of the language that's used within it? I just need a specific line that I can use to find/replace in Dreamweaver... any ideas??

In reply to Mark Augias

by Nicole D -
Yes you can limit the number of times a student takes the quiz. Under manage activities, choose the update icon next to the quiz and under the Attempts area you can change this.