Looking for Moodle 2.0 access somewhere

Looking for Moodle 2.0 access somewhere

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 8
I'm just curious is someone has a server with a recent 2.0 nearly-beta version on it that I could have access to to have a play over the beta testing time. I don't really care what happens to the stuff on the server, how often it is trashed, reinstalled etc. I wish to engage in a few of the discussions, but need a place to look as well. Happy with just teacher access.
Probably best to reply off list.

-Derek, University of Canterbury (for now only!!)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Looking for Moodle 2.0 access somewhere

by Maryel Mendiola -
Hi Derek

I couldn't wait more to test moodle 2.0 and that's why I installed it in local
it is strongly recommended to test versions in Local, so when a website be opened to test we can do it better

Have a good experience with moodle 2.0 ;)

cheers
In reply to Maryel Mendiola

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The all-in-one windows and mac installer packages make it very easy to get your own copy up and running you your computer.
In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Derek,

You'll be pleased to hear that we're busy setting up a Moodle 2.0 site for everyone to have a play with and also help with QA testing - http://qa.moodle.net. It should be ready very soon (hopefully next week sometime!) with some courses and an admin account, as well as the teacher and student accounts.

http://test.moodle.net is for Moodle developers requiring sites for testing particular features or improvements, such as gradebook improvements.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks for the correction Helen, and sorry to have been misleading.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm also very excited to see and play with Moodle 2.0. Thanks for making this available...Can't wait until next week!
In reply to Joseph Thibault

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Good news: qa.moodle.net now has the Moodle features demo course and admin access. glimlach Information on how we can all help with Moodle 2.0 testing to follow soon!

Nicolas, thanks for pointing out that http://test.moodle.net really needs some words of explanation added to the site.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hmm...pity it's  blocked by our county LEA.. (as is the imoot site too by the way..)thoughtful Really dodgy, these Moodles...

I am about to email them to request unblocking. (It's because they are classed as "uncategorised urls" whatever that means