Looking for US History course

by Connie Castillo -
Number of replies: 3
HELP
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Connie Castillo

Re: Looking for US History course

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Connie smile As it said when you registered but perhaps you didn't notice, this is the main moodle site where people make and talk about moodle - this is not your school - if you google moodle tsc.edu (which I saw in your profile) maybe one of the sites that comes up might be yours and you can log in to get your history course smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Daryl Hunt -

Hi Mary

It is interesting how many students end up here I am curious do their teachers fail to give them the correct URL or do the students just try to Google their site to find it and end up here. It also seams that some institutions fail to provide an orientation session or two to make sure their students are in the right place and comfortable in using their Moodle site.

cheers

Daryl

In reply to Daryl Hunt

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
My experience - and it is also with adults learning Moodle, not just minors - is that they either do type their school Moodle into google instead of the address bar and end up here OR else they get to their corrrect school Moodle ok, but then are misdirected because they see the "moodle" logo at the bottom of the front page and click on it, thus ending up here once more where they make their first login. The other thing that sometimes happens is that once a student has done an activity and they want to navigate to somewhere else on Moodle, they again click the moodle logo which takes them here and they get confused. I would like to say I am surprised they don't read the "this is not yours school" words -but - I am not . Sometimes with classes on Moodle I have put an activity at the very top of the page and put in large letters CLICK HERE FOR MRS COOCH WORK TODAY JAN 15 CLASS 8M2A .. and they STILL quite genuinely ask me where our work is on the pagebig grin