New Block idea

New Block idea

by Jeffery Watkins -
Number of replies: 6

Can we, and by we, I mean someone more adept than me, create a block that duplicates the same functions as the login/logged in as/logout/ language menu in the top right corner of the header?  Maybe adapt the Login Block to also allow one to logout.... maybe have a separate block for the language menu?

Thanks for any comments.  I will also try to do this, but my php skills are, to say the least, almost non existent.

Jeff

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeffery Watkins

Re: New Block idea

by N Hansen -
I see problems with this. A student chooses a language in one course that uses the block, and then moves to another course that doesn't have the block installed, and is unable to change their language...
In reply to N Hansen

by Jeffery Watkins -

Make the block available on the home page only.

But, why would a teacher with multi-lingual students not make the block available in all of their courses?

Finally, the whole purpose is really to move it out of the header and not make it a function of the theme any longer.

Jeff

by N Hansen -
Because the teacher doesn't know any betterthoughtful

The thing is-this seems like a setting that a student isn't likely to be changing on a regular basis, so does it really need to take up all the screen real estate of a block? The number of blocks is increasing exponentially, and a lot of them would be better off as something other than a block. It seems to me this is something that might be more appropriate in a student's profile, except in the case of the site page, because you might get visitors who aren't registered. But again, a block is a clunky thing that takes up space.

by Richarlyson D'Emery -

Dear friend,

I'm in Brazil, my englisk not is very good, so exurse-me for anything! rsrsrs

I have a question about the themes of the Moodle. I want to exchange one theme for other, but in this situation:

"The user enters in the page, and I wanted to redirect it for one another page, only that, the access can be made by some URLs, of which leads for one same page, but the configurations of the "Themes" will be differents"

How I make to manipulate theses variables?, Where they are stored?  You know as to help me? 

You know to speak in another language, for example Spanish or Portuguese?  Very obliged for your attention, I wait a reply its!

In reply to Richarlyson D'Emery

by Simon Reynolds -

Richarlyson

Eu não sou certo exatamente o que você está pedindo. Talvez você poderia escrever no português. É possível mim é incapaz de ajudar-lhe. Se eu não puder eu posso traduzir para você assim que alguma outra pessoa pode ajudar

. Eu necessito também praticar meu português. Eu mudei o tema em meu local. Por favor para ter um olhar e para dizer-me se este for o que você quer fazer: http://www.ict-answers.co.uk/moodle/

I am not sure exactly what you are asking. Perhaps you could write in Portuguese. I may not be able to help you but may be able to translate your request for you. I have changed the theme in my site. Please to have a look and tell me if this is what you want to do.

In reply to Simon Reynolds

by Richarlyson D'Emery -

Texto em Português:

Olá Caro Amigo Simon,

Fico feliz por contar com sua ajuda. Bem, quanto ao meu problema, quero fazer tratamentos no código que se refere a Temas, pois estou começando a utilizar o moodle com várias outras pessoas, e gostaria de resolver a seguinte descrição:

Irei utilizar o mesmo banco de dados para obter as informações, por uma questão de marketing, haverá várias URLs, das quais levará a uma mesma página, só que com cores, fontes, e outras coisas diferentes, daí minha solução é: haverá uma página onde pegarei com o getUrl() o endereço da URL, ex.: se for ...teste/moodle terá características do tipo 1, se for ...teste/diversão terá uma outra característica, e assim sucessivamente. As variáveis a serem carregadas serão as que se referem a Tema, mas eu não sei como acessá-las, onde eu altero tais variáveis?, ou seja, onde elas se encontram?

Se você tiver uma outra sugestão para resolver meu problema, agradeço desde já!

Muito obrigado pela atenção!

Atenciosamente, Richarlyson D'Emery

**************************************************************************************************************

Text in English: 

Hello, Dear Friend Simon, I'm happy for can count on you.  Well, how much my problem, I want to make treatments in the code that if relates the Themes, therefore I'm starting to use moodle with several other people, and I would like to solve the following description: 

I will go to use the same data base to get the informations, for a marketing question, will have some URLs, of which it will lead to one same page, but with different colors, sources, and other different things, for the problem this is my solution:  it will have a page where I will catch with getUrl() the address of the URL, e.g.:  if it will be... teste/moodle will have characteristics of type 1, it will be... teste/diversão will have one another characteristic, and thus successively.  The variables to be loaded will be the ones that if relate the Themes, but I don't know how I have acess them, where modify I such variables?,  or either, where are they? If you will have one another suggestion to solve my problem, I'm thankful since already! 

Thanks for the attention! 

Considerately, Richarlyson D'Emery