Install.php gives blank screen

Install.php gives blank screen

by kevin watt -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

I tried this with the latest beta version, got this error, so tried the 'stable' one, but ... same error.

I have a drupal installation on another domain name on the same box, so I know php is working okay,etc.

Going to http://neatclass.com/ redirects me to install.php, check.

But then install.php is just a blank page. And in the apache logfile (not error file) it says

"GET /index.php HTTP/1.1" 200 290 neatclass.com - "-" "Opera/7.54 (Windows NT 5.1; U) [en]" [28565] [SEND_AS_IS:BODY_MISSING]

Any ideas what could be going wrong? No errors are being generated. Everything is owned by the web user and chmod +rx

I tried generating the config.php myself from the config-dist.php, but only change is that index.php doesn't forward me anymore.

Thanks for your help. I'm quite linux savvy, and am surprised its giving me trouble ;)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to kevin watt

Re: Install.php gives blank screen

by Adam Brooks -
there have been several threads recently, including my own, about this problem when installing on a MS server. do a searcha nd you'll see the threads.
In reply to Adam Brooks

by Adam Brooks -
btw - ultimately i gave up on a win install and am running it on linux with only a few minor bugs to work out.
In reply to Adam Brooks

by kevin watt -
Hmm, sorry for the confusion, but no, this is on linux ;) Centos 3.3.

The other 'blank screen' errors seem to be AFTER getting install.php to work, I cannot get even that to work.

allow_fopen_url is set to On in my php.ini file. Like I said, PHP works with drupal.

Argh! I see lots of other questions about related blank screens, but no answers sad
In reply to kevin watt

Re: Install.php gives blank screen - ANSWER

by kevin watt -
Remember how I said I had a working drupal installation?

I'd had another one in the same directory as I was installing moodle to - and all my 'mv * old' commands had of course skipped the drupal .htaccess file that was still sitting around!

Renaming it solved all the problems! Doh!