Metacourses some help please...

Metacourses some help please...

av Martyn Wheeler -
Antall svar: 1
Hi there,

We are fairly new to moodle and have been advised to set up all of our subject courses as metacourses to which classes can be linked to to autoenroll pupils. The rationale for this is that we export all of our class data from our school enrolment database and all of the moodle courses are created from this data. These courses contain enrolment data but no actual teaching materials. These are then wiped at the end of the year and new classes are created. The metacourse conatins all of the teaching materials and will not be deleted (senario 1 from the moodle metacourse help page).

I am fine with these ideas and have mangaged to set things up. However, when a member of staff logs in there is a confusing array of courses that they are teaching. For instance if a teacher is teaching three year 9 physics classes 9APH, 9BPH, and 9CPH they are automatically enrolled onto the metacourse 9PH. What I would like to do is hide all of the non-meta courses. Is there a simple procedure that I could carry out to hide ALL non-meta courses on the site.

Thanks in advance,

Martyn
Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Martyn Wheeler

Re: Metacourses some help please...

av Chris Collman -
Bilde av Documentation writers
Martyn,
I am guessing this is a General Problem forum question that involves lots of code work. However, I have been beating Metacourses to death over the last week or so.

I assume it is the number of courses that show up on the teacher's list which is the issue? In your example you would like to see 1 instead of 4 courses listed. How about where X+1 or in your example = 2 ? Create a course for each teacher, link the meta course(s) to that course, the teacher will only see "their" meta courses plus their own personal course to draft things in.

I almost suspect that the teacher can hide their course but still be enrolled in the meta course(s) but I will leave that to you.

Hope this helps. Chris