Cannot get question pages to show in Left Menu

Cannot get question pages to show in Left Menu

by Sunil D -
Number of replies: 3
How can I get Question pages to show in left menu.

By default it doesn't show and I could not find any check box that says 'Show this Page in Left Menu'.

Thanks
Sunil
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sunil D

Re: Cannot get question pages to show in Left Menu

by Sunil D -
I found the following in Moodle docs, but it only creates more questions for the reader.

Display Left Menu

This will show a list of the pages (Branch Tables) in the lesson. Question pages, cluster pages, etc. will not be shown by default (you may choose to show question pages by checking that option on the question).

In reply to Sunil D

by Stephan Green -
The Moodle docs page is incorrect. There is a checkbox option that controls whether or not to display a branch table in the left menu, but other lesson pages are not shown in the menu.

There is a patch that addresses this problem for Moodle 1.9, see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=48057#p560565, but it isn't guaranteed to work properly in all circumstances.

Hope this helps,

Stephan
In reply to Sunil D

by Frank Erazo -
Sunil:

We've gotten the same concerns from our Instructional designers, but to be honest, it's a great way to bust our students in a lie.

We've gotten students that say they went through the whole thing, but the logs then showed they skipped around.

I know it sounds a bit mean, but it ensures they completed something.