QP: Regrading

QP: Regrading

by Jeff Finnan -
Number of replies: 2
Hi Gordon or to anyone else who has done this,

What actually happens if one chooses to regrade a QuizPort? Can a teacher go in and change the weighting on a quiz within the QuizPort which has already been completed and then regrade the QuizPort?

Thanks,
Jeff

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Finnan

Re: QP: Regrading

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

> Can a teacher go in and change the weighting on a quiz within the QuizPort
> which has already been completed ...

Yes.

> ... and then regrade the QuizPort?

If you change the grade limit/weighting on just one QuizPort via its "Updating: QuizPort" page, or the score limit/weighting on just one quiz via its "Updating: Quiz" page, then the Quizport unit or quiz will be regraded automatically for you. In other words you don't need to do anything.

If you change several quiz score settings on the "Edit quizzes" page, or several unit grade settings on the "Edit all units" page, then you may have to regrade some QuizPorts.

Are you having difficulty with the QuizPort's grading or scoring?

Gordon

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: QP: Regrading

by Jeff Finnan -
When I had set up a QuizPort, I had forget to set the introductory html file to no weighting. Because of this, I initially did not understand why grades were lower than i expected with the conditions that I set up for completion. Then I realized the error of my ways. When I changed the introductory file to no weighting, the QuizPort grades for those that had finished went to zero even though it showed they had completed the QuizPort. I told those students just be concerned with whether they completed it or not. Later, as I was look at the list of QuizPorts I saw there was a regrading option in "Edit all unis.". I gave it a try and the 0%s went to what was expected.

<<<If you change ... the score limit/weighting on just one quiz via its "Updating: Quiz" page, then the Quizport unit or quiz will be regraded automatically for you. In other words you don't need to do anything.>>>

I think I did the above, just one quiz within the QuizPort but got 0% instead. I will just update the QuizPort in the future. Plus pay closer attention to what I am doing.

Thanks,
Jeff