Using Chat Past Sessions

Using Chat Past Sessions

by Jennifer Burke -
Number of replies: 4
This might be a really obvious question and i think that i know that answer but here goes.  I have been asked by a member of staff as to what the number in brackets in the Chat Sessions refers to.  I told him that i believed it was a recording of the amount of posts you made to the Chat session.  He told me that this was impossible that there is no way one of his students made (96) posts.  Now i am questioning myself.

Is that not what the number in brackets beside your name refers to.

Regards
Jennifer
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jennifer Burke

Re: Using Chat Past Sessions

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That's what I thought it was.  smile
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jennifer Burke -
Yes so did i, i will need to check exactly what this member staff is looking at.

Will let you know.

Regards
Jenn
In reply to Jennifer Burke

by Sean Keogh -
Hi Jennifer,

As far as I know, that *is* what the number is.  I've just checked in one of the archived sessions from MoodleMoot_04 and where I have posted six times, it shows (6) beside my name.

However in the same session, Joyce posted 11 times, but is shown with (14) next to her name, so maybe there *is* something strange about the counting mechanism?

Sean K Beardie
In reply to Sean Keogh

by Jennifer Burke -
Yes, i noticed that too.  I looked at the logs from the moodlemoot in ireland and they are times when i know i posted more than 4 things yet four is beside my name.

Maybe the counting mechanism is a bit buggy.