openssl & xmlrpc

openssl & xmlrpc

by John Roughley -
Number of replies: 4

I would like to enable openssl & xmlrpc as I would like to integrate Moodle and Mahara. I will be doing this on my local PC, with the following.

• Win XP
  • WAMPSERVER 2
  • Apache/2.2.11
  • PHP/5.2.11
  • MySQL/5.1.36
  • Moodle 1.9.6

I’ve seen an openssl.exe in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.11\extras\openssl, but if I try to run it I get an error message, SSLEAY32.dll not found? The file is present though in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.11\

Thanks

John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Roughley

Re: openssl & xmlrpc

by John Roughley -

Also, when I look in Administration, Networking, Settings I have the following messages,

Bad lang path provided

line 5402 of lib\moodlelib.php: call to debugging() line 5728 of lib\weblib.php: call to get_string() line 20 of admin\mnet\index.php: call to print_error()

Networking requires OpenSSL extension

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
openssl and xmlrpc are both PHP extensions - you will need to configure your php.ini file to load them (and then restart apache on your server)

as you're running a windows machine, you will also need to make sure that Apache can find your openssl.cnf file - the easiest way to manage this is to add a line to your config.php file using the information mentioned here:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Moodle_Network_FAQ#Moodle_doesn.27t_generate_any_keys_on_the_networking_pages

hope that gets you on the right track!
In reply to Dan Marsden

by John Roughley -

Thanks for coming back to me Dan. Ok, I've uncommented

extension=php_openssl.dll & extension=php_xmlrpc.dll in the file, C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.11\php.ini file

I cant find the openssl.cnf file though.

In C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\bin I do have openssl.exe. If I run this I get a WARNING can't open config file: d:/test/openss1098kvc6/openssl.cnf

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
you may not need the openssl.cnf file, so remove the line from config.php and check your networking pages to see if your keys have been generated.

if it isn't generating the keys - then you will need to find an openssl.cnf (google should help) and copy it into your installation somewhere.