Glossary problems or ideas

Glossary problems or ideas

napisao/la Paula Clough -
Broj odgovora: 11

Ladies and others,

I am going to do a presentation at a conference in March on uses for Glossaries Databases... I have been combing the forums for sample creative ideas and also the possible problems to some of th at usage.

If you have any ideas you would like to share or possible problems that I need to look into before telling people how they can do this, please comment...

Appreciate the info and the ideas.

kul

U odgovoru na Paula Clough

Re: Glossary problems or ideas

napisao/la Mary Cooch -
Slika Documentation writers Slika Moodle HQ Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Testers Slika Translators
Well - glossary backup is one to mention!wink Will the conference or its notes be online anywhere afterwards Paula? I'd be very interested to know what you say and how it goes.
U odgovoru na Mary Cooch

Mary,

Yes that is an area I definately need to deal with.

This conference hasn't been good about posting online in the past, but I will check again this year and let you know.  I will share whatever I come up with in the Exchange for reference. I have been having fun building glossaries and figuring out how to work with the newer features with 1.9x.

Paula Clough

napisao/la Fernando Durán -

Mary,

I'm using the glossary feature to make a multimedia dictionary for my students. It's an English dictionary which includes the pronuciation of entries as an mp3 file.

http://moodle.schoolnet.cl/mod/glossary/view.php?id=2

Regards,

Fernando Durán

Santiago, Chile. 

U odgovoru na Fernando Durán

Fernando,

That is awesome... May I have a link to it in my presentation? 

kul

napisao/la Tabitha Parker (was Roder) -
I did a presentation and course on glossaries and databases that you may find pieces of useful (or not). Help thyself to any of the material and/or ideas.

I collected ideas from everywhere on how to use glossaries and databases so there are many people to thank for the information you will find in the course. I have allowed guest access to this course. Where I have used images in the presentation I have requested permission from the image distributor for use of the image in education environment.
U odgovoru na Tabitha Parker (was Roder)

Tabitha,

Thank you so much for sharing.   This is great. You gave me some great ideas for organizing what I would like to do.  I really enjoyed your PowerPoint and how you used the pictures to make the point...you found some very pointed ones. 

Would you mind also sharing in the Exchange?  That would provide info to even more people.   If you don't have time,  and want it done. Let me know and I can help.  In case you or anyone else reading this hasn't been there yet, it located under the my courses tab.

Paula kul

napisao/la Tabitha Parker (was Roder) -
Done.
Added to Moodle exchange "other resources".
U odgovoru na Tabitha Parker (was Roder)

napisao/la Joseph Rézeau -
Slika Core developers Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Plugin developers Slika Testers Slika Translators
Hi Tabitha,
Where exactly did you add it? I can't find it on http://moodle.org/mod/glossary/view.php?id=2757
U odgovoru na Joseph Rézeau

Joseph and Tabitha,

It is here http://moodle.org/mod/glossary/view.php?id=2757&sortkey=UPDATE&sortorder=desc&mode=date  in the Moodle Exchange (under the My Courses tab).  I had to authorize it before it showed up to anyone but Tabitha. 

Thank you so much Tabitha for taking the time to share it on the Exchange!

Paula kul