Could not insert record info in database

Could not insert record info in database

by Neelima Ramesh -
Number of replies: 4
Hi all!

We have a few quizport exercises in our database. recently when our students were working on these exercises, they started getting an error message each time they tried to submit their answers. "Could not insert record info in database". After this is directs the student back to the same page. (i.e the exercises).

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Neelima
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Neelima Ramesh

Re: Could not insert record info in database

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Please check your web server or php error log to find out more details about why this problem occurred. You could also try enabling Moodle debugging (Site administration -> Server -> Debugging) and you may get more useful messages displayed in the browser window.

Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Neelima Ramesh -
Thanks!
I'll try that.

by Neelima Ramesh -
Hi Gordon

I checked the error log and it says,

"[Thu Jan 07 15:44:39 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.75] File does not exist: C:/xampp/htdocs/moodle/theme/student-experience/pix/mod/quizport, referer: http://192.168.1.75/moodle/course/view.php?id=3"

and i have confirmed that this folder doesn't exist. however there is a folder called "hotpot" that does exist. I don't think the folder "quizport" ever existed.

I feel a little stupid looking at this error message. I'm sure I'm missing something or I've misunderstood something.
Could you please help me out here?

Neelima

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I don't think this error is connected with QuizPort being unable to add a record into the database. Did you set Moodle debugging to "developer" and enable "display error messages" ?

Gordon