adding username field into quiz grader report

adding username field into quiz grader report

by indu nair -
Number of replies: 10
How to add username field to the report of quiz conducted , now the report appears namewise which creates a lot of confusion in the large classes
Average of ratings: -
In reply to indu nair

Re: adding username field into quiz grader report

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Moodle is very reluctant to display the username field anywhere - after all, the username is one half of the information you need to maliciously log in as another user.

Instead, Moodle provides an 'idnumber' field in the user table, which can be used for showing this sort of unique id, but keeping it separate from username.

Moodle 1.9 does have options to show the idnumber as an extra column in the gradebook and quiz reports.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by indu nair -
Thanks Tim, I am using ID number now. It solves the issue as of now.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mehwish Leghari -
I have checked Show ID number option but in results it is just showing the heading "ID number" none of the values are shown for it. the column is empty.

Mehwish Leghari.
In reply to Mehwish Leghari

by Susan Mangan -
Mehwish,

Are you actually returning ID numbers in the database? That would be the first thing I would check if I were you.
In reply to Susan Mangan

by Francis Brouns -
Dear Susan,

we are having the same problem. When I turn on Show user idnumbergrade_report_showuseridnumbe, in the Report Settings, I would expect the userids to be shown. A new column is being added to the report, after the name, but the column remains empty. In the mdl_user table all records for users contain an id.

What ID number are you referring to?

Kind regards,
Francis Brouns
In reply to Francis Brouns

by Mehwish Leghari -
I have solved this problem. We have set students' ID numbers as their usernames You need to edit this file
moodle -> mod -> quiz ->report -> overview -> report.php

in this file find and replace the word 'idnumber' with the word 'username' except in this line:

if ($CFG->grade_report_showuseridnumber) {

OK. then you will be able to see user ids.

Regards
Mehwish Leghari.
In reply to Mehwish Leghari

by Francis Brouns -
Hi Mehwish,

thanks, I've realised that idnumber is not the same as the user.id column. I have already modified the detailed report to download the userids in the download reports, but not the online report.

Kind regards,
Francis Brouns

by anurag mishra -

Hi Mehwish, Could you please suggest how you modified the detailed report to download the userids in the download report.

Looking forward to your response

by Susan Mangan -
Sorry .. I was referring to an LDAP setting actually. I guess I just assumed... me bad blush .

We are returning Banner student ID numbers into the ID number field. We had the same problem where the gradebook was not populating the ID in the Grader Report. The problem was that we were using the wrong data mapping so the IDs were not even being captured in the db.
In reply to Susan Mangan

by Francis Brouns -
Hi Susan,

no problem. I too forgot about the idnumber field, and just assumed you refered to user.id.

I've created a local version of the report and to download user.id.

Thanks, Francis