Can you put Moodle Quizzes in Quizport?

Can you put Moodle Quizzes in Quizport?

by Thomas Brown -
Number of replies: 3

If so, which URL do you enter in Quizport's Suurce box, and how do you set the drop-down option menu for the Source box?

I have tried several variations and saved, but Quizport does not recognize my Moodle Quiz. It says that no quizzes have been added.

thanks, thomas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Brown

Re: Can you put Moodle Quizzes in Quizport?

by James McCormack -

A slightly roundabout way to do this would be to export the moodle quiz into Moodle XML format as an xml file. Because quizport can read Qedoc modules, you import the Moodle XML file into a Qedoc module.

The Qedoc solution is not without a learning curve, so it's probably only worth it if you have a large volume of material which you want to move to quizport.

I don't know if there is a more direct way.

In reply to James McCormack

by Thomas Brown -

I just want to use Quizport's conditionals and chaining features on Moodle Quizzes that I've already made.

I have looked at Qedoc, but I don't want to put my quizzes on their website, and I don't want to spend $500 for privacy.

hmmm...

In reply to Thomas Brown

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thomas,
FYI, at some point I plan to expand the "input" side of QuizPort to allow the content to come from something other than "a file". This could well open up the possibilty of having content come from a MySQL/PostgreSQL database source such as Moodle glossary/database/quiz or a Moodle question bank.

Don't hold breath, but that functionality is somewhere out there in 2010 smile

regards
Gordon