"switch role to.." in Moodle 2.0

"switch role to.." in Moodle 2.0

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Could I just check -could someone confirm/deny the following please? (oh and merry Christmas smile) Looking at a Moodle 2.0 course from a teachers' point of view as opposed to admin, my teacher doesn't seem to have the "switch role to.." option that they did in Moodle 1.9 (and a very useful option too) I went in to site admin and gave them the switch role ability manually; everything's fine. But did they have this right automatically in Moodle 1.9 and it's been taken away from them? Or am I imagining that and you always had to give them the abillity to switch roles? Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: "switch role to.." in Moodle 2.0

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The switch role UI should have been moved into the settings block.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: "switch role to.." in Moodle 2.0

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I will go and double check this Tim, because when I logged into a course as admin I did indeed get the switch role to link in the settings block -but when I logged in as a teacher I did not, until I went as admin and allowed the teacher to switch roles.