Class Rosters

Class Rosters

by Ken Rushing -
Number of replies: 6

Hello All,

I'm new to Moodle, but I was wondering if there was a way to print out class rosters?  If I have set up several classes, is there a way to print out a class roster for each class, or even, to get a roll for the entire school (all classes)?

Thanks

Ken

In reply to Ken Rushing

Re: Class Rosters

by Heidi Beezley -
I realize this post was written a good while ago, but I was also wondering if there was a good way to print out a class roster from Moodle.
In reply to Heidi Beezley

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
With the participants block you can get a list of students and then print that page which could serve as a roster. Peace.
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Sharon Strauss -
Picture of Testers

Anthony,

Thanks. The participants block gives rather small pictures, and it requires that students have reasonable photos in there profiles.

I have a technical and non-technical question about this.

On the non-tech side, I'm interested in whether schools auto photos, and if you do, do you lock them or let the students change them. For those locking photos, do you have complaints from people who do not like their picture as it is, or don't like it showing up so often.

On the technical side, this pictures next to the participation list are quite small. Does anyone have experience with the Block: Course Picture Roster?

Thanks.

In reply to Sharon Strauss

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I've usually not given students or users the ability to change their photos and was involved in helping to come up with a script to take a zip file of photos and upload those to the user accounts. So I've always used the official school pictures and have not really had any significant complaints. It would not be that difficult to use the larger pictures if preferred. I've not had any experience with the Course Picture Roster block on a production site. Peace - Anthony

In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sharon - I can answer your non-tech query about the student photos - I work in a school of students aged from 11 years to 16 years and we have official school photos taken, which we upload (using that script of Anthony's!) and it is just accepted as the "rules" - students don't have the ability to change their profile photo. As they all look similar type photos there aren't complaints except when for instance the photo was taken when they were 11 and now they are 13 and think they are more grown up! So we have decided to do new photos in their third year  here. Other than that it's not an issue.