Course totals not appearing in Gradebook, intermittent across site

Course totals not appearing in Gradebook, intermittent across site

by Donna Hrynkiw -
Number of replies: 6
Greetings Moodlers,

We're receiving reports from some of our faculty of an intermittent oddity in the Moodle v1.9.6 Gradebook and are wondering if anyone here has noticed the same thing.

Sometimes the course totals are not appearing in the Gradebook, but after a little noodling around (with no significant setting changes), the totals will suddenly appear.

This from our half-time faculty consultant (who is very experienced with Moodle Gradebook):

-----

The course total was not appearing in the gradebook.

Her categories were fine - showing totals - and weights OK.

I added a category, moved some stuff around, hid the course total, showed the course total and voila. I deleted the category and moved the stuff back.

Didn't make any changes to calc. or weights.

I am looking at (second faculty member)'s course today - it seems to be a similar problem. Will let you know if it is.

-----

[Later]

I ran into a similar error with (second faculty member) - a category and course total not showing.

Closed the eye, saved changes, opened the eye, save changes - voila.

Couldn't find anything in tracker

-----

We've had about six or eight similar occurances of this issue reported to us recently.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Donna Hrynkiw
Kwantlen Polytechnic
In reply to Donna Hrynkiw

Re: Course totals not appearing in Gradebook, intermittent across site

by Sharon Collins -

Donna,

One of my faculty members created a category by mistake.  There are no grades associated with the category yet.  We are using Moodle 1.9 and I don't see a way to delete categories.  I can edit, but not delete, the "x" is not there.  How do you delete categories? 

Sharon Collins

In reply to Sharon Collins

by Andres Marti -
I have the same problem, but I also can not delete individual grade items anymore. I could at first when we upgraded from 1.8 to 1.9.5 last week, but after a day or so all the "X"s disappeared. This is a huge problem!
In reply to Sharon Collins

by Itamar Tzadok -
Just as a workaround if you see the move icon (move) take its link location, change 'action=moveselect' to 'action=delete' and run the url. smile
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Mabel T. Oni -

My problem goes beyond this, I NEED HELP FAST...

I am having issues with grade total. I am new to moodle so i will only try to explain in plain English language and hope that i make sense.
1. There are 5 courses with different maximum grade for each course
for e.g. Law in practice with id number 5 has a maximum mark of 11 but i would like the marks ultimately displayed as %
so in grade item, the syntax is as such (0.11*5)
i.e. 11/100*student's marks in Law in Practice (I think)
Now the course total does not appear to have converted the marks to %, i turned the grade display to real percentage for all courses, I am thinking I am making things difficult for myself and I dont know what to do to make things simple and easy for all.

Can someone please help me? please, i am having nightmares!!

In reply to Donna Hrynkiw

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.