Admins Forced password change? moodle 1.9.7

Admins Forced password change? moodle 1.9.7

by Saujanya Patel -
Number of replies: 4
Just upgraded to 1.9.7 and we've elected to not use the password policy (for now), everytime we login with the admin-type account, I get prompte to change the password.

I've checked the user_preferences table, but can't see any row that relates to the userID of the admin account...

Anyone know where this is set and how to disable it?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Saujanya Patel

Re: Admins Forced password change? moodle 1.9.7

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

After upgrading to 1.9.7 admins should only be prompted to change their password once (irrespective of whether the password policy is enabled or not). If you find that the admin is prompted to change their password more than once, then it's a bug and should be reported in the Moodle tracker.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Saujanya Patel -
This is the behaviour, but other than resetting the password, any way to stop it asking the admin to reset their password?
In reply to Helen Foster

by Frank Ralf -
I have already encountered the same problem some time ago and reported at MDL-20962.

Changing the admin password didn't solve the problem for me. I had to create a new admin user via phpMyAdmin.

Frank