Declaration of Originality

Declaration of Originality

by Jun Low -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,

Is it possible to build in moodle a declaration of originality page before a student gets to their course, where they have to declare (e.g. tick a box) that it is them that is doing the course and not anyone else?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jun Low

Re: Declaration of Originality

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In Moodle, you can get users to agree to a site policy before they can use the site. See Administration Security Site policies > Site policy URL.

A minor task on my todo list for the OU is to add an option to the Quiz module, so that students can be forced to confirm an 'I have not cheated' statement before they submit a quiz. However, I don't think it will get done this time round.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Another feature that I have heard requested is the ability to confirm identity by periodically asking a series of identity questions. This would open the usage of Moodle up more to things like driving schools or other court mandated courses (for example, anger management, substance abuse classes, etc.). I'm not familiar with the systems out there that generate the questions; however, it would be interesting to develop something like this during a session. It sounds like Jun may really be asking about identity verification which was partially discussed at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=112181 and more specifically it looks like MoodleRooms may have integrated this with a verification service so she may be interested in reading about that at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=112486#p493571. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Jun Low -
thanks for the suggestions smile It really helped.