Can resource/activity view be tied to feedback?

Can resource/activity view be tied to feedback?

by Sherri Place -
Number of replies: 5
I'm wondering if feedback forms can be linked to a specific activity or resource (the way that certificates can be)?

I have an instructor who noticed that participants are completing quizzes/feedback, but are not actually viewing presentations. She'd like to force participants to view a presentation before completing the feedback.

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sherri Place

Re: Can resource/activity view be tied to feedback?

by Paula Clough -

My idea would be to hide the feedback activity by putting it a topic at the end of the course and then hiding that topic box by changing the settings so that there is one less topic box visible.. see Mary Cooch's Video on Teacher Tube on how to do this.  Then in your presentation include the link to the feedback.  They will at least have to look at the presentation to get to the link.

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Paula,

What you suggest is a well-known workaround, which does not quite work, since any activity thus placed in a "hidden topic" will still show in the activities block.sad

See MDL-4782 for a detailed story. The most recent comment posted in the bug tracker for that issue states "74 votes and 26 watchers as of today. I think it's time to implement this!" With many other Moodlers I do hope Moodle HQ will find the necessary resources to implement an acceptable solution soon (at least for Moodle 2.0).

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by John Andrewartha -
Joseph,
The work around to that is hide or delete the activities block. Have a look at some the OU courses as a example. I am even meaner I hide the admin block as well. Students have to access there home area or a lounge to get grades and mail.
John
In reply to John Andrewartha

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Yes John, but even if you hide the activities block they can still access resources in an "Unseen" topic from the dedicated Resources page/screen in the breadcrumb trail- although I have to say that in my school I haven't experienced anyone working that out, or if they have, they haven't let on.
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Sherri Place -
Thanks for the info, everyone! This is very helpful to me!