Questionnaire response display

Questionnaire response display

by Lauren Panton -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

We will be using the Questionnaire for an upcoming midterm and final group evaluation. The faculty member wants the students to see only the responses from their group members. So far I've been able to work it out using groups and grouping, however when a student clicks on "All responses", she wants the default to be "view by response" (see attached) instead of "view ALL responses". Currently "view ALL responses" is the default, so a student has to click on "view by response" to actually see the individual responses. She feels seeing the graph view will be confusing for the students and wants them to be able to go directly to the responses from the other group members. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lauren
Attachment Screen_shot_2009-12-16_at_4.13.17_PM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lauren Panton

Re: Questionnaire response display

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Lauren,

a) at the moment there is a problem with the display of All Responses by groups (for students). I am working on a fix.

b) I'm really surprised that your colleague's students should be "confused" by the fact that View All responses is the default display. It seems quite clear to me that from that View all responses tab you can click on the View by Response tab to display the individual responses view.

c) It is indeed possible (by overriding the default Questionnaire capabilities) to allow students to view the other students' individual responses. In most situations that I can think of it is more useful for the respondents to view the "class" (or "groups") statistics than individual responses. May I ask the reason why your colleague might want each student to view the other's responses?

ATB

Joseph

PS.- This post replaces my former reply to your post, which I have deleted because it carried wrong information.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Questionnaire response display

by Lauren Panton -
Joseph,

Thanks for your quick reply, I think we have it all figured out. The faculty member is using this to do peer evaluations, we gave them access to see the other students responses so it is working mostly how she wants it.

Thanks, Lauren