Out of Memory Error

Out of Memory Error

by Wonko ]8@ -
Number of replies: 1
When accessing admin functions on my newly upgraded 1.4.1 Moodle, I occasionally get messages similar to:

Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 10494056 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /data/services/www/html/terrasite/moodle/mod/workshop/db/mysql.php

or similar (usually mentioning a mod/something) It is not always the same mod, but mentions the same line when a particular mod is mentioned

Any ideas as to wtf this means and how i fix it would be gratefully appreciated. This sort of thing occasionally breaks other displays also (like occasionally a similar message appears instead of completing a block, breaking it).

Is it a PHP setting, server setting or bug in moodle code/database that I should be looking at? - before the upgrade (from 1.2.1) it worked fine.  Server running Redhat Enterprise, stacks of RAM, huge HDD ... me is confuzzled.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wonko ]8@

Re: Out of Memory Error

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
See in your original post that 'Allowed memory size' is now a link - click it big grin